Saturday, April 21, 2007

A fairy tale from the funny farm - to be illustrated

Once upon a time i had a dream. It was a pretty dream, full of colour and warmth and scented curiosities. In my dream, i was a beautiful princess living in wonderland.
I treasured my dream, wrapped it up in scented paper, cushioned it within red velvet and tied it up with a heartstring. I stored the dream in a brightly lit chamber in my heart and i gazed at it everyday, in awe of its beauty.
One day i awoke to find it gone, someone had stolen it. My chamber now lay dark and empty, the velvet torn to shreds and scattered on the cold, hard floor. I cried at my loss. I cried for days and days, my body wracked with grief.
One day, when i could cry no more, the tears stopped flowing. A little bird sat at my feet, its body glistening with my tears. The bird twittered, shrugged off my tears and spread out its wings in preparation for flight. I looked up to see a ray of light had entered my chamber and the scent of freshly cut grass assailed my nostrils. I ran after the bird as it flew towards the light.
I am still running...

No comments: